At Apex Casino in St. Albert, we strive to be a responsible corporate citizen and provide our customers with a positive gaming experience. While most of our customers enjoy safe gambling as a form of entertainment, a small percentage may experience problems.
The decision to gamble is a personal decision and Apex Casino cannot assume responsibility for an individual’s actions. In order to provide gambling help, staff training stresses the importance of responsible gaming, prevention policies, and gambling help procedures.
Apex Casino will:
- Comply with all laws and regulations and provide a safe gambling environment
- Provide information to customers on responsible gaming
- Respect our customers and provide assistance to the customer who may need gambling help
- Promote AGLC and Alberta Health Services’ Problem Gambling Helpline
- Promote responsible gambling policies, practices, and procedures within the gaming industry
The Self-Exclusion Program
The Self-Exclusion Program is for players who wish to be excluded from play at casinos and racing entertainment centres.
The Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission (AGLC) have teamed up with the Alberta Health Services and the gaming industry to develop new programs to assist problem gamblers.
The Casino and Racing Entertainment Centre (REC) Voluntary Self-Exclusion Program is a program designed for those who feel it is in their best interest not to participate in casino gaming activities. By submitting an application to the AGLC, participants can voluntarily agree to be excluded from entering all Alberta casinos and RECs for a specified time period.
Participants choose the length of the exclusion period (minimum six months to maximum three years) and can be charged with an offence pursuant to the Gaming and Liquor Act of Alberta if they violate the agreement. The program is administered by the AGLC and enforced by Apex Casino security staff.
- We emphasize to our employees that casino gaming is an activity that is appropriate for adults only, and require them to be vigilant in their efforts to prevent minors from playing at our casino.
- We conduct our business with honesty and integrity, consistent with the highest moral, legal, and ethical standards, complying with all applicable laws and regulations.
- We adhere to the Advertising and Marketing Standards for the Alberta Gaming Industry to ensure that gambling is represented in a responsible manner in all advertising and marketing.
- Gambling help materials and information about how a problem gambler may obtain gambling help are readily visible in our facility, including toll-free helpline numbers.